Sunday, October 7, 2012

Photography Class Week 2 at Montpelier Art Center

Week 2 - Basic Elements of Photography - Exposure


We learned about Aperture (AV), Shutter Speed (TV) and Film Speed (ISO) in relation to photography and adjusting each element of exposure to create the exact photo you want to take.

As the photographer you have to assess the scene and figure out how you want the image to be created on a photo, make the adjustments to your camera  through the AV, TV and ISO and just take the picture.

We all went out and made several adjustments on our cameras and started taking pictures.  One can take photos in automatic and manual setting.  

Do you know in Photoshop you can review a photo and it will give you ALL of the details for the actual setting used for that particular picture, it even includes the serial number of the camera!!!!!


I didn't realize some old bushes will look so detailed with a particular setting!!!!!!!!!


Do you know how many photos I took to get this 1 picture to see the actual jump when the squirrel was running!!!!!!  I figure this photo will be a good one to use for Week 3 class in Photoshop - Stay Tuned................


This tree just looks so gorgeous!!!!!!!


I was so focused on  this one photo.  In my lens this bee seemed to be far away but I didn't realize there were about 5 of them buzzing all around me........LOL


I used my new lens to take this distance shot with all the new adjustments I learned


Don't you like pink?  Photography really makes you look at nature in a different way........  By the way I grew up in Trinidad around lots of bushes (but don't like planting, camping etc.) but I must say I really did enjoy all the bush scenery on Saturday.   I had my eyes WIDE open  for any big snakes waiting to have their picture taken because I would have forgot all about the class and start running like a mad woman at Montpelier Art Center..........LOL Other students like to wander deep into the woods to capture the right moment on something.  I did all my capturing near by the sidewalks and used my fancy long lens to do the distance photos like the squirrel one,  afterall I couldn't go near the squirrel to capture it anyway so my lens was on point..........

Our instructor Erika is AWESOME. Check out her website.

http://www.erikamorton.com/EM_Photography/Home.html


2 comments:

  1. Well done....so you will be a true photo taker outter......what kind of camera and lenses do you own

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannon E05 - lens Cannon 75-300mm

    ReplyDelete