Sunday, April 6, 2014

Congrats to my son Ryan....

My son Ryan bought his 1st house at 22 years old.  Over the years I monitored his every financial move.  I forced him to build credit.   I monitored and oversee his finances and savings. lol

This is how we did it:
- I opened a credit card for him for $200.
- I went to Home Depot and bought a mail box and key for $25.  As a teenager you are offered many  
  credit cards deals out there.  So as he accepted the offers and applied for the cards they came to my
  LOCKED mail box at home.  The faster they came the more my shredder became my best friend. 
 As the cards came in I shredded them as I knew he already had a credit card with a $200 limit.  He didn't need anymore credit cards.  He will always ask did any mail come for me my answer was always NO.
- I linked my bank account to his so I could monitor his spending patterns.
- I offered to pay his taxes as a 1099 worker.
- I increased his taxes for him by 15% and put that amount in his account for 2 years without
  his knowledge.
- Fast forward 2 years later he had everything he needed to buy his house good credit, cash and a
  mother with a plan.

Congrats to Ryan we got his house then I decided to renovate it. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment